Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Holistic approach to life...and Lyme

I have a confession to make: I've been holding out on you. In this age of social media where everyone knows you had a green smoothie for breakfast, are planning a week in Maui for vacation, attend church regularly, and purple is your favorite color...I've not publicly discussed something major going on in my life. Part of the reason is I'm still wrapping my mind around it and dealing with the long term implications.

I am being treated for Lyme's Disease. Notice I didn't say "I have Lyme's Disease." When you claim a dis-ease it then owns you and you become grouped in a category. Instead, my Naturopathic Doctor and I are calling it what it is: I am being treated for a systemic imbalance that causes symptoms of Lyme's Disease. 

Of all places, I was led to a Lyme's Disease test on Facebook. I truly believe God led me there as I was searching for answers for my declining health and prayed for guidance and discernment. So I took a test and was astounded by the results. Here is the Cliff's Notes list of symptoms, each of which sneaked up on me over time and overlapped each other, or disguised themselves as something else.

Migraines. Joint pain. Stiff neck. TMJ. Tinnitus. Short term memory lapses. Light sensitivity. Muscle spasms. Muscle pain. Anxiety/panic attacks. Gluten intolerance. Teeth pain. Heart palpitations. Extreme fatigue. Insomnia. Hair loss. Hearing loss. Dropping things. Tingling/numbness in hands and feet. Brain fog. Forgetfulness. Disorientation. 

That is only 1/4 of the list, by the way, and the worst of my biggest offenders. Some symptoms are moderate to severe, some only occasional. All of them add up to a big ol' hot mess of a miserable human being. I finally realized those are NOT part of the normal aging process, not by a long shot. That's what sent me searching for answers in the first place.

When I first started researching, I knew that I was going to take a holistic, whole-body approach. It's what makes sense to me. I've never been a big fan of pumping your body full of chemicals to mask a symptom instead of uncovering and treating the underlying root cause. I prayed for guidance in this area as well, this is the route I'm taking.

I have been going to Wilmington once a week for the last 2 months to receive Quantum Biofeedback. I am taking a double-handful of herbal supplements, probiotics, homeopathics, anti-viral amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and overall cellular detox herbs 3 times a day. I have purchased a Far Infrared Sauna tent that I sit in 1-3 times a week. I use an ionic detox foot bath 2-3 times a week. I do a detox soak in the bath tub 2-3 times a week. This is in addition to my weekly chiropractic adjustment and monthly massage with Craniosacral Therapy

What I'm saying is it is taking a lot of willpower, time, focus...and prayer...as I detox from the critters that have invaded my central nervous system and vital organs. It ain't fun, y'all, not by a long shot. But I knew I couldn't keep watching my health decline. I have had a few of these symptoms for a decade, they're not going to just disappear overnight absent a miracle. So, I am committed to doing whatever it takes for the next 6 months to 2 years or however long it takes. 

I will post updates regularly, take pics of my little sauna tent, show you the NASTY detox water from the foot bath (it's disgusting), and answer any questions you may have. If anyone else is also on the road to healing, I would welcome any comments or suggestions from you! 

2 comments: