Wednesday, April 20, 2016

There are no coincidences....

I put this little blog together last night while I had my feet in the detox bath. Yesterday was a bad symptom day and I felt miserable so I figured why not do something that may be of benefit to someone else? The combination did the trick as I am feeling a bit better today.

We take our physical health for granted and emotionally still feel like we ought to be able to do the things we were capable of when we were 18. I'm not going to lie, this has knocked me on my booty. There have been days this past winter when I was showing property that my hands ached so badly I could barely turn the dial on the lock box. But I did it anyway, because that's what you do when you are a professional and your clients are counting on you. In many ways, my physical discomfort has made me much tougher emotionally and spiritually. And that is what gets me through the times of physical distress.

I don't believe in coincidences. I remember a couple of years ago I ran into a seller on the way out of her home when I was on the way in to show it. She was using a walker, she was about my age, and she looked at me and said that she had Lyme's disease. Looking back, I have said many prayers for that lady, prayers for her healing and for the emotional battle the physical ailments are causing her.

I don't know where this blog is going or where my Lyme's journey will take me, but I have faith and believe in my heart that somehow God will bring this around for good...if it's not but just to show a different approach to healing. Or maybe inspire someone else to get out of bed that day and go to work even when they're aching all over. Perhaps it will be to bring awareness to this condition as there are people who suffer with this silently without even knowing they have it. Then there are those who have been told that this is all in their head or they have been misdiagnosed and given medications that they don't need.

Regardless, thank you for taking the time to read this. If you or one of your loved ones also suffers from this condition, I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Love you Gena! I'm sorry you are going through this. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you during this journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers are always appreciated of course! Thanks ladybug XOXO

    ReplyDelete